Apple has released iOS 16 to the public with new sets of features like customization options, Messages improvements like unsend messages and many new features to the iPhone.
New iOS 16 Features:
- Lock Screen changes
- Siri and machine learning
- Messaging new features
- Apple Pay and Wallet
Other changes to iOS in the latest update are:
- Apple’s redesigned Maps experience is now available in six more cities, and the new display is rolling out to 11 more countries.
- Apple News is getting a new My Sports section that allows users to track their favorite sports teams.
- Safety Check is a new feature meant for security. It easily allows those under threat to review and reset access to data, locations, and other information granted to other users.
- The Home app is getting a new interface with additional UI changes.
- Apple will let users share Tab Groups in Safari with a new collection-sharing feature.
- Passkeys are now generally available, letting users log into websites without traditional passwords.
- The Fitness app now more accurately tracks activities and workouts without a connected Apple Watch.
- Spatial Audio will now be customized through the TrueDepth camera on an iPhone.
- There are a range of new Accessibility features, including LiDAR-based Door Detection, Live Captions, and assistive physical and motor accessibility features.
- CarPlay is getting a range of changes, including features that let users more deeply integrate their iPhones with a car’s hardware.
The Home app has received a refresh among other changes in iOS 16.
Apple’s iOS 16 update is currently available to download as a free over-the-air update.
Devices compatible with the update include the iPhone 8 and second-generation iPhone SE (2020) and later.
Apple also released tvOS 16 for Apple TV devices with new features:
- Matter Support
- There are new SwiftUI elements that developers can take advantage of in their own apps.
- Adding additional family members inside of the Control Center
- New rich and improved previews for Apple TV+ content to improve discovery
- Intensity levels are now displayed on-screen in Apple Fitness+ workouts, with levels ranging from “easy” to “all-out.”
- New toggle for 24-hour or 12-hour time formats.
- A new Hover Text option in Accessibility